7 April 2016
FIRST CONFERENCE ON EDUCATION AND TRAINING IN CONTEMPORARY ART THROUGH MUSEUMS, ART CENTRES, FOUNDATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS
Teaching Strategies at School and University Level
Since 2014, in collaboration with different Spanish institutions engaging in contemporary art, the IAC has been organising round tables that are open to the public, with the purpose of setting up meetings where the sector's professionals can get together and reflect.
The aim of these conferences is to discuss, share, and seek formulas for the improvement and enhancement of strategies for the production, communication, and promotion of today's art.
The first of these encounters, under the title A Reading of the Situation of Spanish Contemporary Art, was held at the Casa del Lector in May 2014. The second one was held in collaboration with the Centro Andaluz de Arte Contemporáneo (CAAC) in Seville, in December 2015, and dealt with the media and the diffusion of contemporary art. The third of these conferences will be held in Galicia on April 7th, 2016 and will consist of the collaboration between the IAC and the Centro Galego de Arte Contemporánea (CGAC), together with the Faculty of Fine Arts of Pontevedra (University of Vigo) on the theme: The Teaching and Training of Contemporary Art in Schools, Universities and Art Centres and Museums.
Thursday, April 7th
12:00 p.m. Faculty of Fine Arts, Pontevedra
Round table on university level art training. Teaching strategies
- Opening and welcome by Isabel Durán (Chair of IAC) and Silvia García (Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Vigo)
- Moderator: Javier Tudela (Full Professor at the University of Vigo's Sculpture Department)
- Speakers: Silvia García (Dean of the University of Vigo's Faculty of Fine Arts), Juan Fernando de la Iglesia (Director of the University of Vigo's Drawing Department Sculpture Department), Anne Heyvaert (Professor at the University of Vigo's Drawing Department) and Ignacio Pérez-Jofre (Full Professor at the University of Vigo's Painting Department)
Audio Recording [spanish]
5:00 p.m. CGAC, Santiago de Compostela
Round table on training and education in contemporary art through museums, art centres, foundations and institutions. Teaching Strategies at School
- Opening and welcome by Santiago Olmo (Director of CGAC) and Isabel Durán (Chair of IAC).
- Moderator: Isabel Durán
- Speakers: Eduardo López Valiña (Chief Curator at Fundación Granell), Encarna Lago (Manager of Rede Museística de la Diputación de Lugo), Marisa Sobrino (former Professor of Art History at the University of Santiago de Compostela, critic and exhibition curator), Marta Viana (in charge of Communications and Activities for MARCO in Vigo) and Jaime García Crespo (CEO for the consulting firm Educación y Sistemas, and art collector).
Audio Recording [spanish]
Access to round tables is open to all and free of charge.