It´s funds comprise over 25,000 titles including exhibition catalogues, artist´s monographs, history and art theory volumes, national and international art journals, audio and video materials, as well as brochures and updated information about activities being held at other museums, and calls for awards and competitions.
- Access is free and open to all; however, respecting the basic rules of behaviour is compulsory in order not to disturb or endanger the material and the integrity of the library´s materials.
- The room shall be used to read about and carry out research on disciplines related to contemporary art practices.
- Before entering the reading room, visitors must deposit their bags, handbags and backpacks in the lockers or at reception.
- Users may enter the room with laptops and mobile phones provided that the sound of these devices is turned off. Should users need to make or take a call, they must leave the reading room.
- Library materials must always be consulted in the reading room. They cannot be borrowed by individual users.
- Computer resources are available to search in the library catalogue and to access information on topics related to art and contemporary culture.
- Food is not permitted in the reading room. Non-alcoholic beverages in closable or spill-proof containers are allowed.
- Access to the various services ends 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Internet access through the library computer shall be limited to 30 minutes.
- Direct access to library resources
- Bibliographic research
- Self-copying services
- Internet access
- Free WiFi access
- Interlibrary loan
- Library tours for groups (reservations required)
FAQs (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
How can I access the library? The library is located on the first floor of the building. It is accessed through a sliding door at reception. There is a lift that enables access for people with disabilities.
Who may visit the library? Anyone interested in art and contemporary culture. Access is free of charge and no library card is needed.
What are the library’s hours? In winter it is open from Tuesday to Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and 4:00 to 6:00 pm; summer hours are 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
May users enter with a laptop? Yes, they may; there is also free WiFi.
May users borrow materials to take home? No, materials are not lent to individuals.
May users consult audiovisual material? Yes, by making the request in advance to staff.
May users make photocopies? Yes, copying the works making up the library’s collection is allowed with the reservations established by the applicable legislation on intellectual property and copyright. In no event may the percentage of each work reproduced exceed 10% of the total. Copying of special materials which must be requested from the library staff is not permitted.
May users take pictures? Yes, the library has a special table for photographing books. Use of the images obtained by this procedure must comply with existing regulations on intellectual property and copyright.